For the Media
An information Press Release for our 2020/2021 Online Season will be posted here soon!
- The SPO was founded in 1980 by Conductor Clifford Poole
- The SPO is not-for-profit community Orchestra which includes a core of paid section leaders and many community musicians
- SPO musicians include: professional players, music teachers, and music enthusiasts who share a love of music and performing
- In 1994, the SPO introduced its Composer-in-Residence Program
- In 2016, the SPO introduced its Young Composers Program, with select compositions having been premiered and performed by the SPO during its 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 Seasons
- In 2017, the SPO formed the SPO Women’s Choir. The SPO Women’s Choir, under the leadership of Yiping Chao (featured soloist), made their debut at the “East Meets West” Concert on September 30, 2017
- In 2020, the SPO adapted to Covid-19 restrictions and moved online; an all-new SPOGreatMusic Podcast was made available on major platforms, including Apple, Google, and Spotify
- In 2020, the SPO adapted to Covid-19 restrictions, posting online musical performances to YouTube.
- In 2020, the SPO began using the hashtag #SPOGreatMusic
Media Contact: For more information or to arrange an interview with one of our Team, please contact Devin Scott, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (647) 482-7761.
Brand Logo and Standards
Right click and save to download files.